I receive a fair number of tweets on Twitter, direct messages, comments on my blog and emails. It is even more correspondence than I used to deal with when I was working in high tech and I appreciate that so many take the time to contact me. Most of the messages are supportive and complimentary, some are critical and a small number are outright bizarre. I think sometimes I enjoy the bizarre ones the most, if only for the comic relief.
Lately, however, I’ve received a number of emails from companies and people that really touched me. These are messages that are reaching out to me to try and help me get the most out of my life. I am not overly sentimental but I confess that I have been deeply moved by their concern and generosity of spirit.
This morning, for example, I received a few that were particularly thoughtful and I would like to share them with you.
![]() |
| Now available in handfulls |
Related to that email was the second offering to provide me with discounted Viagra. Again, no prescription necessary, all I needed was a credit card or a PayPal account and a limp biscuit, so to speak. You have to admire a company that is not only concerned about the well-being of their customers but their wives and girlfriends as well.
I have to admit that the offer was tempting but there are so many logistical issues involved like would I have to buy bigger underwear, that I finally decided to pass. But I did appreciate the generosity of their offer. They were going to sell me thirty pills for only $19.95 and would double my offer if I acted right away.
It sort of reminded me of Sham Wow Vince and his, “You know we can’t do this all day” ads on television. I imagine if he bought some of those discounted Viagra pills he probably could do it all day.
Interestingly enough, the next email continued the theme but was a little more direct and moved away from pharmaceutical solutions to life. It was concerned with the length and breadth of, what the books my mother used read refer to as, my “throbbing manhood”. They didn’t put it quite as delicately as her literature, the headline was: “Now You Too Can Be Hung Like A Porn Star!”
![]() |
| Bob's engineering schematic |
I’m not a hundred percent sure how the thing worked but it was big (a lot bigger than Bob), involved inserting Bob into a tube and electricity. I never expose Bob to electricity and I’m not very good with tools so I decided this offer, as well intentioned as it was meant, was probably not for me.
![]() |
| How nice is that? |
I was so touched that even though I don’t need the money, I wrote and thanked them and told them to go ahead and send me the money by email transfer. I didn’t want to hurt their feelings by declining such a generous offer.
I know some of you are skeptical about all the scams and snake oil sales people out there but there are some good folks and I heard from a few of them this morning. That’s why I’m sharing this with you today. I wanted you to know that there are some decent people in the world committed to trying to make the world a better place by offering us products and services that will give us confidence, reduce our anxiety and make us proud to be naked and all for less than you would pay at Wal-Mart or Target.
If you thought the Interet was nothing more than a Flea Market for hucksters and quick buck artists, I hope this article has helped to restore your faith in our fellow human beings,
RELATED
The Apple iPad - More Pointless Hype
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/03/apple-ipad-more-pointless-hype.html
My Days On Twitter
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/02/my-days-on-twitter.html
You're Awesome!
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/04/youre-awesome.html
The Apple iPad - More Pointless Hype
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/03/apple-ipad-more-pointless-hype.html
My Days On Twitter
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/02/my-days-on-twitter.html
You're Awesome!
http://bearsrant.blogspot.ca/2012/04/youre-awesome.html
© 2012 Maggie's Bear
all rights reserved
The content of this article is the sole property of Maggie's Bear but a link to it may be shared by those who think it may be of interest to others




Ha what a misogynist bunch. All goodies for men, nothing for women (except maybe the loan). :)))
ReplyDeleteA case could be made that the Viagra is arguably for women.
DeleteI get emails all the time from some nice people in Africa who have inherited money and want to share it with me.
ReplyDeleteI used to get a lot of those too but they stopped writing to me when I would send them an estimated cost of my travel expenses that would be incurred to go and pick up their inheritance for them. They were particularly offended that I expected they be paid up front.
DeleteBejohn, I enjoyed your article on the emails. It puts a little humor in all the junks mails. Thanks, Frank TopehnibaNyenemki
Deletei am in the same position. So far I have been offered more than 9 billion dollars from so many nice people, because I am a great guy....
Deletei do so luv reading ur posts! refreshing! to the point without insult to anyone! makes one smile!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate that although not everyone would agree with you. Some university students find me quite insulting as do some on the left and a few on the right. It is what it is though and we just keep lumbering along. Thank you for dropping by again and for taking the time leave a comment.
DeleteI have to put my glasses on when I read...at first I thought your title was "Hug like a porn star"...but once I started reading I realized my error. They never send e-mails about hugging?! :) I just wish they'd stop sending me the penis related ones...really!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the long (lol) weekend Sunshine :)
It didn't help encourage me to buy the product when I saw that the sales guy's name was Woody.
DeleteOMG...! You are hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWell done ;)
ReplyDeleteLately I'm receiving emails offering to make me a millionaire online. Sometimes these emails have a video of the guy who has the system to make me a millionaire. Usually, he's wearing a t-shirt, has two days growth of beard, needs better haircut and his video was shot with a webcam. Boy, those millionaires are certainly eccentric!
Delete