Saturday, 17 December 2011

More Favourite Tweets From The Week Gone By

It’s been a hectic week on Twitter with lots of talk about politics, religion and the usual self-important rhetoric from Occupy but fortunately there are always a few who find a way to either break through the clutter to inform or to amuse. Here are my favourites for the past week.

@BachiBawlz  
Went up for communion at church .... The Priest said 'Body of Christ' .... I said "Thanks, I've been doing 8 Minute Abs"

@canadian_jane 
My secret Santa gave me an IKEA gift card, but I couldn’t put it together.

@Fun_Bits 
Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about. ~~~ Sam Ewing

@ahammond2011 
I remember the first time I played 'Stairway to Heaven' on stage. A disaster. The valves kept sticking on my tuba....

@aThumper Selah
ACTUAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINE: Statistics Show That Teen Pregnancy Drops Off Significantly After Age 25 - Denver Post

@hartcap 
Gave some thought to Santa and his logistic challenges. To remain on schedule those reindeer must be farting nuclear waste.

@TheDaveWeinbaum 
I was so lonely I got arrested just for the strip search

@canadian_jane 
Sometimes I like to close my eyes and pretend that I'm flying. It calms me. Scares the shit out of other drivers though.

@WeirdReport 
Mugger was robbing a man: "you can't do this I am a United States congressman!" "In that case," replied the mugger, "give me MY money."

@LadyAtheist
"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, then it is good enough for Texas children." - Rick Perry

@amyzesbaugh 
Made it to the Post Office two minutes before they closed. This must be how my kids feel when they beat a level in a video game.

There were many others that were entertaining and made me laugh but modesty prevents me from posting them here., It is almost a family show, after all.

6 comments:

  1. This one definitely gave me a laugh!
    "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, then it is good enough for Texas children." - Rick Perry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love politicians. They give us so much to laugh at by speaking without benefit of the words travelling through their brain first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's scary that people like Rick Perry, who state information so inaccurate, that a first grader would know better, are running for the highest office in the land!
    ((>.<))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, Mr. Perry is representative of too many who run for political office. They confuse "winning" with "service" and "opinion" with "knowledge". Of course,there is no shortage of people who think that their opinions are actually informed fact. It's why there is so much anger, cynicism ant lack of consensus. At the end of the day, these are the things that are killing democracy. Crooked bankers and financial fraud artists are eventually caught and put in prison. It's more difficult to end stupidity and vested self-interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get lucky every now and then when I write. :-)

    ReplyDelete